Pure and PB at DHF - 64.154.38.103:27960

3 replies [Last post]
WASP*KILLER
Killer's picture
Hello,

The issue of Pure and PB came up recently and I pointed WASP2 members to the following links here at E+ Net.

Pure Info

PB Info

However, although the info from the links is quite good, there are some errors of fact.

The first link recommends that you only have the 9 pakx.pk3 files, q3key and q3config.cfg in the baseq3 folder. While this can be fine, IMO, it is much too restrictive.

Also, the post goes on to say that "...if you have any more files or less files then have to be [he means more files or less files in your baseq3 than on the server] you will be also kicked..."

That is incorrect. You can pretty much have ANY custom map without an issue. In fact, if you do not have custom maps like 1++.pk3, 6++.pk3, 7++.pk3, nodm18.pk3, you will have to download them or copy them back into your baseq3 folder because many FWs/CWS use them and you will definitely need them on Public Servers.

What usually prevents someone from accessing a Pure server is skins (the bots like bender, homer, etc.), certain q3 custom fonts, and other addon non-map files.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To visitors of DHF - 64.154.38.103:27960

If you play at DHF, you will need to download some custom maps via autodownload or by visiting -

DHF Server Maps.

These maps will NOT prevent you from playing if I enable Pure (for a FW/CW/Try-out) NOR will they prevent you from playing on any other Pure server.

If you like custom crosshairs visit this link -

Crosshairs for Servers running Pure

and download any of the 18 crosshair packs specifically meant for servers running Pure. You can also download this crosshair pack - WaspKiller's Crosshair and RENAME it to - pakhairs19.pk3 - Note: You can only use one crosshair pack at a time.

The server pack of these crosshairs are loaded at DHF so that you can play Pure with a custom crosshair. If you visit another Pure server that does not have the server pack you will NOT be kicked but the crosshair will be ignored.

WaspKiller

PS: Don't let Q3 auto-update PB while at an E+ Server and then complain about lag. Get the PBsetup file - it supports Windows/Linux/Mac OSX -

PBSetup

There is a lot of mixed info about PB all over the Internet. IMO, this GUIDE will generally clear up any confusion that you have about PB and more. The very short 3 paragraph section about enabling and disabling PunkBuster is usually misunderstood even at E+.

ABATLONK

KILLER dear friend and leader, this is a good server, thank you for this great server.

Honestly.

:salute: :salute: :salute:

WASP*KILLER
Killer's picture
ABATLONK wrote:

KILLER dear friend and leader, this is a good server, thank you for this great server.

Honestly.

:salute: :salute: :salute:

Raul, thank you for saying that. However, it really is my pleasure to provide this Server so that players in South and Central America, and the South Eastern USA have a good ping.

1MPULSE|BE|
igar's picture

killers going unlaggy Big grin Tongue

I win because I'm good...you win because you're on my team.
Everytime I think of Vex, I think of buttsex.

LEADING LADY|BE| wrote:

Looky here mister pulsinator...i kill owls for a living (ps i love you BFF pulse)

THE TRUTH IS OUT Surprise